What Fire Extinguisher Services Can Do for You
A fire extinguisher is only good as it works and if it doesn’t work, you may as well toss it into the bin. If you reach for your extinguisher during an emergency and it doesn’t work, then what? The consequences can be dire. The key to keeping your fire terminating equipment up to code is by having it routinely serviced by a professional fire equipment company.
Did you know that a fire extinguisher is a priceless means of defence during a fire? It is very important that you keep your equipment working well both in the residential and commercial setting. One of the biggest problems lies in the fact that extinguishers often go unnoticed until it is time to use them. This can deter routine maintenance from taking place.
What Regular Fire Extinguisher Servicing Accomplishes:
- Encourages compliancy with local fire codes and regulations that are required by the government when running a public business
- Helps you keep your equipment ready for emergencies
- Meets requirements set forth by your insurance company
- Promotes a safe atmosphere that can potentially save your property and human life
Features that Fire Extinguisher Company’s Provide:
- Periodic inspections – Most reputable fire safety companies provide monthly service checks and routine maintenance measures. During these where to buy fire extinguisher singapore checks, the technician will visually inspect the device, clean it, check the pull pin, and provide a comprehensive report of the inspection performed.
- Annual maintenance – It is a law that when running a commercial or industrial business, each of your extinguishers must be inspected annually by a professional fire safety service. Depending on where you are located and the type of unit you own, the professional performing the check may need to be licensed.
- Internal maintenance and hydrostatic testing – Sometimes, there is stored pressure within your extinguishers, which is a common incidence. However, this requires the attention of a certified extinguisher service technician at least once every 6 and 12 years. Depending on the type of device you have, these figures may need to be adjusted.
Know What to Look for When Choosing a Fire Extinguisher Service:
A reputable fire extinguisher servicing company will provide you with a clear picture of what your equipment requires in terms of maintenance. They will often automatically enrol you in their service program so that your unit will also be up to code. Having confidence in the company you choose and its employees is imperative when choosing a service provider.
- Technicians should be well trained and / or licensed in the area of fire extinguisher maintenance and should be able to provide proof of their skills
- The company’s program should be derived of innovative technologies that help businesses better manage their fire safety and prevention program
- Guarantees / warranties should back up any promises the company gives to you
Recap of What Fire Extinguisher Services Entail:
- Visual inspection of gauges, dates, and unit cylinder
- Physical inspection of weight, hoses, and sealants
- Verification of location, tags, and markings
As a business owner,it is your job to ensure a safe place for yourself, your employees, and your customers to be at. Having the proper fire safety measures put into place will help you accomplish this as well as satisfy any fire codes, laws, and standards put forth by the government. Your staff and the public depend on you to have a game plan in place should a fire break out.